Monday, April 18, 2016
Saturday, January 9, 2016
There are serious posters/flyers on utility poles. And then there are less serious posters. Best ones:
- "These are tearable puns"
- "Do you want this octopus to have fewer legs"
- "Found! Lost dog flyers"
- "Cat found" (actually a skunk)
- "How were you born?"
Posted by Michael Barclay at 9:57 PM
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Monday, November 23, 2015
Friday, October 2, 2015
This article asks the obvious question, "Why is it lawyers are so good at sex?" Some of the answers:
Law is one of the oldest professions, and like other older professions, we get paid by the hour. Anybody who gets paid by the hour is never going to be in a hurry to finish. And lawyers, we can make something that could last only a few minutes go for hours and hours...
Talk can really make a difference. And talk is what lawyers do more than anything, right?
We’re used to asking for permission to withdraw. And it’s considered unethical to withdraw without adequate notice.
Monday, September 21, 2015
Friday, September 18, 2015
The 2015 Ig Nobel Prize winners are out. Some of the best ones:
- Physics Prize, for testing the biological principle that nearly all mammals empty their bladders in about 21 seconds.
- Literature Prize, for discovering that the word "huh?" (or its equivalent) seems to exist in every human language — and for not being quite sure why.
- Medicine Prize, for experiments to study the biomedical benefits or biomedical consequences of intense kissing (and other intimate, interpersonal activities).
- Biology Prize, for observing that when you attach a weighted stick to the rear end of a chicken, the chicken then walks in a manner similar to that in which dinosaurs are thought to have walked.